My Lumix LX-7 Died and I was pretty un-impressed with the LX-100 (no built in flash, its bigger, no 120fps video, only 12 megapixel, macro not so good). So figured I would try this rx100 iii.
Very impressed with this camera so far with just a few short-falls. The high speed shooting is amazing with enough buffer to almost always catch the action. Images are a huge step above the lx-7 and at almost double the resolution.
- Great image and vid quality
- Nice lens
- EVF is amazing
- Camera is truly pocket-able
- Screen is nice, I dont miss the touch screen one bit like my gx7.
- Buttons are very customizable
- ND filter is very usable
- bracketing for hdr
- continuous shooting options work well.
- Timer with 5 shots
- Time lapse app (although for a camera in this price range, should be included)
- no lens cap !
- The 120fps video is a CROP. I cant believe nobody posted about this in reviews. So if you want wide angle slo-mo you are out of luck.
- new memory card was required for 120 fps video, no idea why, my lx-7 did it just fine with a 95 mb/s sd card.
- Macro function is not very good - better off leaving the camera in manual.
- Motion shot app works, but is not very crisp, better off doing it manually in photoshop.
What I miss from my lx-7
- simple menus
- 120 fps video
- 1cm macro
Pretty happy with the camera.