Ricoh GR Digital

Camera manufacturer not listed above? Then talk about them here!

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Ricoh GR Digital

Postby David Bailward » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:50 am

I'd be really interested in comments from owners of this camera...what it is like to use and what quality of photographs it can produce. The dedicated W/A has always been a niche but, applied to street HCB-type shooting, would appear to have true relevance.
So, Ricoh folk, come on out and show off.
David Bailward

Postby Michael » Sun May 27, 2007 8:14 am

I read a reveiw/ad in a Australian magazine i get and some where saying that its image quality was that of high end DSLR like the EOS 5D , i was very critical of this. since its almost impossible for a point and shoot to do this

there is some sample shots at Dpreveiw with it
Michael

Postby Thomas » Sun May 27, 2007 9:49 am

W/A = wide angle ?! But HCB = :?:
Thomas (beware: Nikon-fanboy and moderator!) My Lens Reviews, My Pictures, My Photography Blog
D810+assorted lenses
Thomas

Re: Ricoh GR Digital

Postby darkstar94 » Tue May 13, 2014 4:24 pm

I replaced my Sony RX100 II with the Ricoh GR for the larger APS-C sensor. The camera is lighter than the Sony even though it's slightly longer. Still, very pocketable. It definitely handles much better the the Sony. I shoot in TAV almost exclusively. You set aperture, shutter speed, camera does ISO. No zoom on this camera, pretty wide angle at that. You definitely have to work harder on composition but I don't mind that. Personally I'm very satisfied with it over the Sony and intend on keeping it. It's not for everyone, though. Bit of a niche camera but... the results are very good, better the the Sony RX100 II.
darkstar94

Return to Other camera manufacturers