Canon EF 14mm f2.8L MkII

The place to view and share sample images from various lenses! Please ask any questions in the manufacturer sections.

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Canon EF 14mm f2.8L MkII

Postby DP-PARIS » Wed May 13, 2009 7:06 pm

Some random shots taken in Paris to show the image quality of the 14mm. Some are cropped slightly to straighten etc. Follow link for more.

Edit: changed some of the images and did some PP on a few of the pics.

http://www.wasnotdelivered.co.uk/14mm/

Last edited by DP-PARIS on Thu May 14, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DP-PARIS

Postby DP-PARIS » Thu May 14, 2009 2:56 pm

See below a hard crop of the underneath of the Tour Eiffel. A lot of chromatic aberration.

I have removed most of the chromatic aberration from this crop using LR2. Just a quick edit, so pretty good results I think.

Cropped from:

Last edited by DP-PARIS on Thu May 14, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DP-PARIS

Postby podgeorge » Thu May 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Interesting, although because your camera has exposed for the sky, your foreground objects are a little underexposed, apart from the red one! Levels/Curves might help in fixing this :wink:
Anyway thanks for the sample images!
podgeorge

Postby DP-PARIS » Thu May 14, 2009 5:51 pm

podgeorge wrote:Interesting, although because your camera has exposed for the sky, your foreground objects are a little underexposed, apart from the red one! Levels/Curves might help in fixing this :wink:

The only PP done was cropping. I will work on the ones I want to keep for sure, as they can be improved a lot. The aim was just to post some sample shots.
DP-PARIS

Postby podgeorge » Thu May 14, 2009 6:06 pm

DP-PARIS wrote:
podgeorge wrote:Interesting, although because your camera has exposed for the sky, your foreground objects are a little underexposed, apart from the red one! Levels/Curves might help in fixing this :wink:

The only PP done was cropping. I will work on the ones I want to keep for sure, as they can be improved a lot. The aim was just to post some sample shots.

Ok, thanks anayway, maybe you could upload some keepers, which you have edited, taken with this lens?
Cheers
podgeorge

Postby DP-PARIS » Thu May 14, 2009 6:06 pm

podgeorge wrote:
DP-PARIS wrote:

Ok, thanks anayway, maybe you could upload some keepers, which you have edited, taken with this lens?
Cheers

Absolutely, once I have edited them:D
DP-PARIS

Postby Kryptix » Thu May 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Love that lens, I'd like to see how wide it is on a 1.6 crop sensor.
Kryptix

Postby DP-PARIS » Fri May 15, 2009 7:25 am

Kryptix wrote:Love that lens, I'd like to see how wide it is on a 1.6 crop sensor.

My brother has a 50D. He is planning to visit Paris in a month or so. When he does, we can try out the 14mm on his Camera and post some test shots.

D
DP-PARIS

Postby Kryptix » Fri May 15, 2009 4:41 pm

That'd be good. Cheers mate!
Kryptix

Postby Kryptix » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:10 am

Any update?
Kryptix

Postby nomix » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:18 pm

It's practically like a 22mm lens on 35mm.

It's not that wide, but a very nice focal length for city and landscape use, in my mind.
nomix

Postby DP-PARIS » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:20 pm

I think this is the lens I like most out of all what I have, as you can really take some great shots. The most recent I like that I have taken is below:

DP-PARIS

Postby blindasabat » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:57 pm

my eyesight is gone, Can't see any pics or links?
blindasabat

Postby Gregory.Rotter » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 pm

yeah that tends to happen when people move on to another forum or something, and or just change image hosting service.
Gregory.Rotter

Return to Lens gallery - sample images only!