Olympus Zuiko 50mm f2.0

The place to view and share sample images from various lenses! Please ask any questions in the manufacturer sections.

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Postby Marco Cocceio Nerva » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:55 am

i love 50 macro f2, but i think it is not only for macro and portraits, it is for the night photografy too: street and detail of architecture without tripod.
with e510 in 800 iso, is1, and about 1/20 or 1/25 -f2. i will show some photos :) .
bye Marco
Marco Cocceio Nerva

Postby Armanius » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Marco Cocceio Nerva wrote:i love 50 macro f2, but i think it is not only for macro and portraits, it is for the night photografy too: street and detail of architecture without tripod.
with e510 in 800 iso, is1, and about 1/20 or 1/25 -f2. i will show some photos :) .
bye Marco

Awesome! Please do post photos from your 50 macro! We need more Olympus/Zuiko photos around here!
Armanius

Postby Marco Cocceio Nerva » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:04 pm

thanks Arminius.
ok i have 50 only from 2 weeks, and i don't have exprerience of street photografy, i bought it about to do photo at detail in church or monuments, but i don't know why :D , but i stat to do street photografy in the night too.
my mix street and monuments :D in bw

Marco Cocceio Nerva

Postby Armanius » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:23 pm

My favorites were the pictures 1, 4 and 5. Fish on photo 4 looks so sharp! Very nice! Photo 5 makes it look like you are a stalker! :)
Armanius

Postby Marco Cocceio Nerva » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:53 am

Marco Cocceio Nerva

Postby Adi Zulhusni MarkII » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:07 am

@Marco

Cool & nice shoot you got there! 8)
Adi Zulhusni MarkII

Postby Marco Cocceio Nerva » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:24 pm

:shock:

i want to married 50 macro f2 zuiko! :lol:

Marco Cocceio Nerva

Postby Armanius » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Gorgeous shot of the Coliseum!

Marco, do you have a website that's accessible to the public to look at your photos?
Armanius

Postby lynn55 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:16 am

:) Hello there, Thank you for sharing information.

I want to buy 50mm f/2 Fixed/Macro is Extreme Close-up. It costs $ 499.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 9387467105
lynn55

Postby Marco Cocceio Nerva » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:05 pm

thanks. 50 macro f2 is a must for olympus users, Gordon Laing! you must to review it!!!!!! :D
but i am jealous it is my girlfriends :lol:

another 2 photos with my girlfriends :shock: :D

Marco Cocceio Nerva

Postby PrinzMegahertz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Hi Marco! Those shots were freehand? Amazing! Would you mind sharing your camera settings for those pictures?

Tobias
PrinzMegahertz

Postby Marco Cocceio Nerva » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:36 am

yes Prinz, no tripod, i wrote about.
800 iso, is1, f2, 1/20-1/25, i work in M. i change time depend about the situation,about light. if it's very dark, i use 1/10-1/15.
i use 2 second timer, or multi shoot it is about no "micro moved".
:D
by Marco
Marco Cocceio Nerva

Postby PrinzMegahertz » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:01 pm

Hi Marco,

thanks! What camera do you use? My experience with my E-510 and the 50mm is, that the AF does not do it's job very well. How did you focus?

Tobias
PrinzMegahertz

Postby Marco Cocceio Nerva » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:58 am

Hi Prinz, i use e510, it dosn't have the best af of the world :D , it is not very fast. i have problem only if i focus on a place that is black and poor of light, in that situations i can use flash like "af illuminator", or i focus in a place where is light.
an example, i focus on base of statue (there is light) not at the statue (no light). statue an base are in the same linee, so not problem in dof.
i have tha same problem with kit lens, because e510 dosn't has a special af, but for my use is good ( i don't make sport photo).
i use afs (af single) center point.
at the end it is not really a big problem for me.

Marco Cocceio Nerva

Postby PrinzMegahertz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:26 am

This one is not a macro shot, but I like the bokeh, especially the soft background:

PrinzMegahertz

PreviousNext

Return to Lens gallery - sample images only!