Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L USM

The place to view and share sample images from various lenses! Please ask any questions in the manufacturer sections.

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Re: Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L USM

Postby dilbarmano » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:11 pm

This is gem of a lens for sure.. i was very worried and took some crappy shots initially when i bought it and at one point i wanted to sell it to buy 300 F4 IS .. but NO.. i worked hard , got to know the potential of this lens and from then , its never looking back.. if my images are crappy , then its coz of me and not the incapability of this lens for sure.. will show some of my work soon..

comparison between 100-400 and this lens in my opinion is not right... we are comparing prime with telephoto .. this is way quick and perfect for BIF shots.. i suppose this lens is made for that.. 100-400 AF really hunts and i have seen it in action as one of my friend owns it.. i was really not happy and my interest mainly is BIF shots and for perched shots 100-400 is real good but even for that 400 5.6 is sufficient.. just up your shutter by more than 1/500 and there u go with crisp sharp photo... :D .. use it to believe it.... if ever i own a 500mm F4 or 600mm i am not going to trade this lens...................

NO .. even then , i might not sell this lens coz nothing can beat this lens for action shots even 500mm or 600 coz we cant handhold them for long.. this is like a piece of stick in hand and we can hardly feel any trouble even after holding it for couple of hours on the field.. my rating for this lens is 5/5 .. no second thoughts.. buy it and live happily ever after :D
Canon EOS 5D mk III|Canon EOS 7D | 70-200 F2.8 L IS II USM | 400 F5.6 L USM
dilbarmano

Previous

Return to Lens gallery - sample images only!