First B&W

Share your tips or ask questions about natural landscape photography here

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Re: First B&W

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Lvistam wrote:I use LR4 and PS6, does Silver efax work with these or is it separate?
Thanks
V

I have not used Silver Efex yet, but from what I have read, it (and the other program's in the suite) work with LR4 and PS6 as plug-ins, not separate.
Dent, Arthur Dent.

Pentax k-30 and k-x with DAL 18-55mm and DAL 55-300mm, Tamron 18-50mm and Camera Labs Straps.....hang on, where's my towel?
Arthur Dent

Re: First B&W

Postby Savlet » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:52 pm

kimchi wrote:I find the first image a little muddy and underexposed, and the second is lacking contrast. I like the compo though.

If you'd like to practice converting to B&W, one suggestion would be to shoot in RAW + B&W jpeg in camera. Post the SOOC jpeg, and upload the RAW file to a new post. Then invite people to convert the RAW into a pleasing B&W. The one(s) which look most pleasing to you will be the one to emulate. The poster can then tell you what they did to convert to B&W.
Thank you kimchi for your comments and suggestions. I've treated myself to Silver Efex, so I've been getting to grips with that and having fun with it. :)

Lvistam wrote:I use LR4 and PS6, does Silver efax work with these or is it separate?
Thanks
V
Yes, Silver Efex works with LR as a plug-in. That's how I'm using it.
Camera: Panasonic Lumix GX1
Lenses: Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f3.5-5.6, Lumix G Vario 100-300mm f4-5.6 and Samyang 7.5mm f3.5
with adapter: Nikon 50mm f1.8 and Tamron 24mm f2.5
Savlet

Previous

Return to Natural Landscape photography