Noosa Beach, Queensland, Australia

Share your travel photography tips

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Noosa Beach, Queensland, Australia

Postby audioman » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:01 am

Just returned from a fabulous few days at Noosa, hope you like these photos, comments welcome. Taken with D40 + 18/200, white balance set to 'shade' to give more zap.
audioman

Postby woop » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:15 am

Looks really great!!
woop

Postby palakaboy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:47 am

huge fan of #2.

and i love the last one...it reminds me of a shot i saw in someone's engagement photos!
palakaboy

Postby Noceo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:45 am

I have to go to Australia at some point, it looks awesome. Great shots!
Jake

Canon EOS 400D + EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF 50mm f/1.8
My Photos - My webpage (danish)
Noceo

Postby audioman » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:14 am

Noceo, if you're coming Down Under, and it's photography you're interested in, you need to spend most of your time in NZ. The landscape photographic oportunities in Australia are extremely limited IMO, unless you're an enthusiastic devotee of eucalyptus. The country is littered with endless vast deposits of the same tree, I honestly couldn't find much to photograph except for these fabulous beach scenes. NZ is a photographers paradise. I await endless contrary opinion from our Oz photomates.
audioman

Postby Rebel_Santino » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:35 pm

I love them. I also went to Noosa and thought it was one of the most relaxing and pleasant places I have ever visited. Great pics, they make me want to go back and watch the sunsets.

I have a Noosa river shot in my thread (http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=67981#67981) if you want to check it out.
Rebel_Santino

Postby DanielD » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:33 pm

ok I'll bite 8)

Whilst NZ does have some breath taking scenary (I should know my wife's a kiwi and we've been just about every year for the past 5!!!) NZ is so......Europe and North America. The beeches and the pines, the glaciers and mountains are wonderful but they are familiar.

Australia on the other hand, deep red outback sands, snow white beaches, turqoise waters, mysterious rainforests (with more than just gum trees I might add :wink: ) Wetlands as far as the eye can see with an amazing array of birdlife, termite cities, the second longest mountain range in the world (not very high but very long!!!).. I could go on

Granted you will have to travel thousands of kilometres but that means thousands of photo opportunities

Also at least the weather will rarely let you down.
I went to Milford Sound last time and they told me they were in a drought...because it hadn't rained in 7 days!!!!!!!!!!!

At one point it didn't rain in Sydney for 7 months, great for tourists bad for locals.

Steve Parish and Ken Duncan have made a killing photographing the Australian landscape.

I await my kiwi cuz's response
DanielD

Postby 0eyvind » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:59 pm

Beautiful shots.
On #3, how close was your camera to the water?
0eyvind

Postby logic_nguyen » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:38 am

gotta love #2 shot.
logic_nguyen

Postby audioman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:07 am

0eyvind, my bum was at water level - one eye up at the viewfinder, the other eye at 90 degrees to the right watching out for the next wave, fearful that my camera would become a victim of the surf.
Thanks everyone for your comments, and Daniel, I was just taking the p***.
audioman

Postby Jszab » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:49 pm

Wow these are breathtaking shots im really liking #2!!!

Josh:D
Jszab

Return to Travel photography