Samsung Nexus 10

Which platform's best for photography? How much RAM do you really need? Discuss computer hardware here!

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Samsung Nexus 10

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:23 am

Anyone else getting excited about google's announcement next week of the Samsung Nexus 10? If it is everything everyone says it is this might just replace my small laptop for backup photo storage, quick image examinations, writing and of course all online work while on the road on photography outings. I'm thinking it will actually fit into the lid of my camera case and if that is the case and it does do everything I need I'll eliminate my second piece of carryon luggage which will then allow me to carry a smaller second camera case for more lenses and other camera gear.
Canon 7D + 50D + EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM + EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM + EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Pelican // Black Rapid // Think Tank // Manfrotto // Garmin

Reflections On Canadian Wildlife
My Flickr
Wolfsong

Re: Samsung Nexus 10

Postby EvanK » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:45 pm

I like the idea of replacing a netbook or small laptop with a tablet, but even then Android has some extreme limitations compared to Windows, despite it being based off Linux. I'd rather grab a Microsoft Surfact or Surface RT, the price difference between it and the Nexus are only $100. Well worth it IMO. However, the new 16GB Nexus 7 does look attractive as a portable media consumption tablet, and the new Nexus 4 looks awesome for its price.
-Evan

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams
EvanK

Return to Computer hardware and operating systems