After doing some amount of research including reading the "What's Your Camera Bag of Choice??" from start to finish and watching many a Youtube video review on camera bags, It would seem the most trusted brand or at least the biggest in photography seems to be Lowepro.
I have decided that a backpack is really the way to go so that limits my choice (I did think the Lowepro rezo looked nice). I have found a view on Amazon one which is the Koolertron Canvas DSLR bag:
And the seemingly popular Lowepro 250 AW:Koolertron
- Doesn't look like a camera bag
- Looks feminine (Every camera bag I see seems to look fairly masculine)
- Some amazon comments suggest the quality is poor
- Can't take my LaptopLowepro 250 AW
- Well known for their good quality (and knowledge of what makes a good camera bag)
- Can take my laptop (bonus on train trips and stuff when I'll only have room for one bag with me)
- Well known (advertises I'm carrying expensive gear)
- Looks ugly >.<
It may seem trivial it's appearance both as a pro (in the case of the Koolertron) and a con but for a bag I'm likely to carry most of the time when I go out, if it looks good or not will matter to me. Any suggestions beyond this?
Weatherproofing wise they both have a pullover cover and after some research it seems any bag is fine because you can buy the covers which go over the bag protecting it cheaply on Amazon.