altering photos in different programmes

Photoshop, RAW converters and photo management? Editing movie clips? Discuss it all here!

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

altering photos in different programmes

Postby hyborn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi all - Ive just got myself a Canon SX 50 HS and am enjoying have a good play but wondered was playing with some photos in the programme that comes with it - which is Digital photo professional - and changed up a pic to what I thought looked great - SAVED AS and when opened in a different programme - which is just the laptop viewing photos one under photos it didnt look anywhere near as good opened photo in canon programme was good - why is this - was going to email photo to a friend but if its not going to look like the canon programme no point
thanks for your input
hyborn

Re: altering photos in different programmes

Postby oldCarlos » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:10 am

Welcome hyborn.

First off, i'm not familiar with that program, in fact i'm a bit of a luddite with anything techie :lol: but you won't get a true picture of your images (at least as far as colours) without a calibrated screen.

Hopefully you'll get some help from the more knowledgeable members.
Image btw,He who dies with the most toys, WINS!
Nikon D800E & D700 bodies + Nikon 200-400mm F4 VR1, 50mm F1.4G, 16-35mm f/4G VR, 105 F2.8 VR macro, 70-300mm lenses. A couple of filters, Giotto tripod & ballhead. Lowepro Slingshot 302 AW
oldCarlos

Re: altering photos in different programmes

Postby hyborn » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:24 am

Thanks OldCarlos - Im loving having a good play and getting back into it a bit - calibrated screen what are you meaning here - Im just using my good old laptop but thought it should look the same no matter what programme you open it with on the same computer/laptop I look forward to learning more from others
hyborn

Return to Imaging and Video Editing Software