The Tamron SP 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 VC USD was officially announced. Here's the details from Tamron:
Tamron announces the redesign of their legendary 90mm Macro lens, equipped with VC ( Vibration Compensation) and USD ( Ultrasonic Silent Drive)
Tamron Co., Ltd. (President and CEO: Morio Ono / Headquarters: Saitama City), a leading manufacturer of optical equipment, announced the development of a next generation 90mm Macro lens for full-size SLR cameras. The lens features completely redesigned optics, a proprietary VC ( Vibration Compensation)*1, and USD ( Ultrasonic Silent Drive)*2.
1. Tamron has updated their legendary 90mm Macro lens with a new, state-of-the-art optical design. The lens, reborn for the age of digital photography, offers VC ( Vibration Compensation) and USD ( Ultrasonic Silent Drive).
2. Adopting a state-of-the-art optical design and a rounded diaphragm*4, this lens carries on the long tradition of Tamronâ€™s 90mm Macro lens in delivering spectacular blur effects. Two XLD*5 (Extra Low Dispersion) glasses and one LD ( Low Dispersion) element reduce chromatic aberrations, yielding sharp images and outstanding resolution.
3. Tamronâ€™s newly developed eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating*6 delivers a dramatic improvement in antireflection performanceâ€”significantly reducing flare and ghosting for clearer, crisper images.
4. The VC ( Vibration Compensation) image stabilization mechanism reduces camera shake to deliver sharp images.*7
5. Features USD ( Ultrasonic Silent Drive) to power a speedy AF drive together with a continuous manual focus mechanism.
6. Incorporates IF ( Internal Focus) system, which focuses by moving only the internal lens group, rather than the front lens elements. The overall length of the lens therefore does not change when focusing, thus ensuring a broad working distance.
7. Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens.
Focal length: 90mm; Maximum aperture: F/2.8; Minimum aperture: F/32
Angle of view (diagonal): 27Â°02â€² (with full-size SLR cameras), 17Â°37â€² (with APS-C sized sensor digital SLR cameras)
Lens construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
Minimum focus distance: 0.3m (11.8 in)
Maximum magnification ratio: 1:1
Working distance: 139mm (5.5 in)
Filter size: Ã˜ 58mm
Length: 114.5mm (4.5 in)*
Entire length: 122.9mm (4.8 in)*
Diameter: Ã˜ 76.4mm
Weight: 550g (19.4 oz)*
No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
Standard accessory: Lens hood
Compatible mounts: Canon, Nikon, Sony
unfortunately I couldn't find any delivery dates or prices...
Tamron is penetrating its lens line with image stabilization. Which is always good for us Nikonians or Cannonites!