Welcome to Holland, LOADS OF PICTURES!WARNIGN!

Share your travel photography tips

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Welcome to Holland, LOADS OF PICTURES!WARNIGN!

Postby alex168 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:03 pm

Yeah this summer i went to Holland to visit my Aunt and my cousin, and walking about in Amsterdam i seriously feel in love with the city! Its just amazing, now i was hoping to get some better shots of Rotterdam, but when i went there the weather was terrible, rainy windy all the shots came out really bad looking

But here are the shots, all taken with the 18-55mm, accidentally forgot the 50mm at home!

I hope you enjoyed the photos
alex168

Postby NurseDiesel1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:12 pm

You always have such beautiful photos! Very good work on those, did you bump up the saturation to capture the beautiful colors of the buildings? The sharpness is fantastic too, tripod?

I took a 2-day trip to North Carolina this week, and it was overcast and horrible both days! Everything silhouetted badly even with spot metering. Heavy Photoshop is required I'm afraid.
NurseDiesel1

Postby AndreasNorway » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:10 pm

I especially like number 2, good eye for a photograph!
AndreasNorway

Postby naniani » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Great shots as always alex, i love number 3. Went to Amsterdam for 10 hours a few months ago and it rained nearly all day, most of the time was spent trying to shelter under doorways waiting for the rain to ease, then rushing out to try and get a shot before the next downpour.10 hours and never got anything worthwhile, only got about 8 photosthe whole time i was there, absolutely gutted, and these i ended up deleting. :( :( :( So its nice to see blue sky. Did you get a chance to see their bike carpark its unbelievable? sue :)
canon 400D
18-55 lens
tamron70-300 lens
sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/
naniani

Postby alex168 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Thanks guys, was going to write a reply yesterday, but the internet just stopped working!

So thanks a lot, i try to give to show Amsterdam from different points of views, and not those typical "tourist" shots that you often see in photo albums, and i did get a few of those because they are quite hard to get get rid of hehe, but there are the one that ended up looking the best out of the 20 or so pictures that look nice!

I will def. be going back there, i love it!
alex168

Postby GCJ » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Alex, very nice shots
John :)
Nikon D7100, Nikon D80, D40 and various lenses.
GCJ

Postby alex168 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:38 pm

GCJ wrote:Alex, very nice shots
John :)

Thanks

Oh yeah about the bike parks, yeah i saw it but its something that i see almost everday living here in Lund, there are just about 50 000 bikes here :)
alex168

Postby 0eyvind » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:54 pm

They're amazing! Do you have a gaussian (however spelled) blur filter on?
6 and 7 is absolutely amazing! What is that dream effect? Around the stilks
0eyvind

Postby alex168 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:57 pm

Ohh, i have this very very advanced way of "giving the image a glow" that i worked out, took me about 6month to be able to use it correctly, yeah its a glow and works in combination with blurring and some other tools as well as layer mask etc, i m quite fond of it!

Thanks mate,
alex168

Postby 0eyvind » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:59 pm

Sounds complicated ;) But it indeed gives an awesome effect!
0eyvind

Postby Markh » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:43 pm

alex168 wrote:Ohh, i have this very very advanced way of "giving the image a glow" that i worked out, took me about 6month to be able to use it correctly, yeah its a glow and works in combination with blurring and some other tools as well as layer mask etc, i m quite fond of it!

Thanks mate,

Care to share? If you get the time of course. 8)

Mark
Markh

Postby Jszab » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:16 pm

WOW! Those are amazing shots. I especially love the pictures 6-7 they have awesome colours. I would love to go to Amsterdam one day.

Josh :D
Jszab

Return to Travel photography