Turkey - Istanbul

Share your travel photography tips

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Turkey - Istanbul

Postby shaunthein » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I just got back, and wanted to share some photos, I've more of them on flickr. Any comments/ criticisms appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16890804@N03/

Thanks for looking!

Shaun
shaunthein

Postby scottagw » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:15 am

I really like #2 of the old lady. It helps that the colours are little washed out - did you post process it for that effect?

Scott
scottagw

Postby shaunthein » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:53 pm

Thanks Scott. I used Camera Raw in Photshop to slightly desaturate (by -20 I think).

Shaun

(Great camera choice :) )
shaunthein

Postby street_parrot » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:12 pm

I liked your photos mate, I live in turkey, not istanbul but ankara. Hovewer i have been in istanbul so many times. I am really glad that you like istanbul :D
street_parrot

Postby shaunthein » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:16 pm

Thanks street_parrot, it was a really good trip!

Shaun
shaunthein

Postby patti » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:50 pm

I really enjoyed the diversity of these photos..think your portrait of the woman sitting, is a stunning refection of life..with her bottled water, even!!
The rusty ladder shot, caught my eye...and the round windows, so abstract, repeating patterns---wonderful in the reduced to black and white allowing the pure lines to present themself, without the distraction of colors...

patti
canon 7D, Mark iii 5D, ef 70-300 f/4-5.6, ef 28-135mm canon 100-400mm L IS 4.5, and a little 24-70 L f/2.8...
patti

Postby shaunthein » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 pm

patti wrote:I really enjoyed the diversity of these photos..think your portrait of the woman sitting, is a stunning refection of life..with her bottled water, even!!
The rusty ladder shot, caught my eye...and the round windows, so abstract, repeating patterns---wonderful in the reduced to black and white allowing the pure lines to present themself, without the distraction of colors...

patti

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them.

I've just uploaded the rest to flickr, have a look and tell me what you think!

Shaun
shaunthein

Return to Travel photography