Photography in England

Share your travel photography tips

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Photography in England

Postby Shane Collins » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi everyone,

So i'm looking for new places to go and wanted your input, i'm not sure if this is posted in the correct place, if not sorry.

Ok, i live in Oxfordshire but am willing to travel around, not too far though, and wanted to know your favourite places to photograph in england, i'm thinking more of landscape photography in the countryside, woodland rolling hills, waterfalls that sort of thing. I'd really like to hear of nice places around Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Buckinghamshire. These are the closes counties to me. So do any of you know of any places you love in these areas? Of course any beautiful areas in England, or the uk for that matter, are welcome but it's just easier for me to get to these places.

*edit* I'm also going to add the places i know and update this every so often with peoples input to create a list of places to visit which may help others :)

*another edit* Also i would like places with ruins of old churches and castles and abbeys etc.

Thanks everyone.

Shane

Devil's Puncbowl - Oxfordshire, close to Letcombe Bassett on The Ridgeway.
White Horse Hill - Oxfordshire, Uffington on The Ridgeway
Last edited by Shane Collins on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shane Collins

Postby Defiance » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:45 pm

In Berkshire you have got Windsor Castle good photo op from the Windsor Great Park looking down the long drive towards the castle.
Gloucestershire on the A417 at the top of Birdlip Hill there is a 180° view overlooking Gloucester on a good day you can see the Mountains of Wales in the distance.
Oxford my home town all the collages, dreamy spires etc.
Wiltshire/Berkshire Border The White Horse at Uffington a figure of a horse carved out on the side of a chalk hill can be clearly seen from the GWML this is also part of The Ridgeway not far from Letcombe Regis.
Defiance

Postby Shane Collins » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:47 pm

Thanks for that Defiance. And do forgive me if i don't add everything to the list. I just figure some places are more obvious to find than others, i want to know every place people have to offer but want to put the more out of the way places which aren't as easy to find or hear about on the list.

Hopefully more people will reply and we will get a good list going, could be a good resource for people traveling around this area of nice places to go :)

Shane
Shane Collins

Return to Travel photography