A WARNING......

Share your travel photography tips

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Postby chickenflavoredchips » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:56 am

Bad luck? I would think going through something like that without being killed good luck. Money or cameras don't worth anything when comparing to lives.

I heard things like that happen frequently in Africa. So one shouldn't go there unprepared. If you got robbed in France, you would probably be given back your passport and maybe memory cards too.
chickenflavoredchips

Postby Maiwand » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:10 pm

dryan2 wrote:wow, i couldnt imagine something like that. makes me appericate living in a 1st world country

:o

That's a pretty poor statement to make considering the level of gun violence in the US, not to mention the prison population... but let's not stray off the topic...
Maiwand

Postby dryan2 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Maiwand wrote:
dryan2 wrote:wow, i couldnt imagine something like that. makes me appericate living in a 1st world country

:o

That's a pretty poor statement to make considering the level of gun violence in the US, not to mention the prison population... but let's not stray off the topic...

touché, but living in and around big cities for the past 15yrs. i have never been held at gun-point or even a knife. Although that is probably because i am only 15.
Nikon D300+MB-D10 | Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro | Sigma 10-20mm
18-200mm VR | 85mm f/1.8 | 50mm f/1.8 | SB-600 | Manfrotto 681B & 3232 Monopod--190XPROB & 488RC2 Tripod
flickr
dryan2

Postby waltermelon_ken » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:22 am

Gordon Laing wrote:As for really obvious stuff, no cameras round necks and make sure you don't look or dress like the richest person in that environment. Thieves will always target the better-dressed victims and leave the scruffs alone!

tnx gordon i think that's d best advice...

i'm from a third world country, I'd been with the most desperate people you'd ever imagine, I'd seen some of the poorest people, so somehow i know how they think...so i think if your traveling don't be so loud and flash all your stuff coz someone(desperate enough) will notice you and think you're the answer to their prayers..^^,..
KeN
checkout my pics, any comments -or+ would be greatly appreciated.just click www

Canon 40D 17-85mm IS USM + 55-250mm IS + 50mm 1.8 + 580EX II Speedlite + Canon S5 IS + Lowepro 100AW
waltermelon_ken

Postby lostmyway » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:33 am

I are about to leave for 9 months around the world.
lostmyway

Postby Fuster_Cluck » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:13 pm

That is just terrible. They left you with the most important thing, life. Glad to hear this story from you and not some journalist.
Fuster_Cluck

Previous

Return to Travel photography