Above the 360 bridge - Austin, TX

Share your travel photography tips

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Above the 360 bridge - Austin, TX

Postby ravenmore » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:24 pm

There's a cliff that overlooks the Austin 360 bridge. There's a fairly easy trail that leads up to it. Spectacular view with a gnarled old Cedar tree at the top. Here's a couple of pics from the last time I went there.

Here's my gf chillin' while we're waiting for sunset:

Sunset:

ravenmore

Postby HTG » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:17 pm

In your pictures I like the feel that parts of them seem to come out of a CAD program.

For example the bridge in the first picture and the white paths in the middle to the left.

And in the second picture the trees right from the building in the middle.

regards,
HTG
HTG

Postby Adi Zulhusni MarkII » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:20 am

1st one look great BUT be Caution the branch of the tree which is 'touches' the edge of the frame so at least zoom out a bit to give it nice spacing :)
Adi Zulhusni MarkII

Postby ravenmore » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Thanks. Only had a 28mm with me at the time and couldn't easily back up any further. I would have preferred to have shot it loser. I might go back and reshoot it some evening.
ravenmore

Postby TonyM » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:43 pm

HDR isn't always to my own tastes but these shots look ok, particularly the first one. Any chance of posting up the 'original' ie before all the post-processing.

The framing of the first shot looks ok to me too - but I'm not an expert like Adi. :roll:
TonyM

Postby dreamer » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:49 am

awesome!!! specially the second one.... I never been to Austin 360 bridge... but after looking at your pics I think I should go there.....

Do you have any more sunset pictures at that point? I'd love to see that..

:D :D :D
dreamer

Postby ravenmore » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:29 pm

trying to find the originals - it appears I didn't put them where I normally do. Brilliant.
ravenmore

Return to Travel photography