Uganda

Share your travel photography tips

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Uganda

Postby Plumb_Lunatic » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:27 pm

So a little while ago I posted here about a trip I was taking to Uganda on behalf of a charity client of mine; my first photography job. So two weeks an 3500-ish exposures later, I've narrowed down the highlights and posted them to my fresh, new Flickr account. I'd repost the images, but I'm not quite clear yet as to the practicalities of doing that from Flickr...

I've learned a lot, both about photography on the go, as well as my own foibles and habits, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

C&C most welcome.
Plumb_Lunatic

Postby Noceo » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Since i just been in Uganda myself recently (July last year), i can't do anything but loving the pictures. It's an amazing country and you've done well documenting it by pictures. They espcially remind of the home for orphaned children we visited. Awesome work.

Also I got a lot of pictures from my trip in my flickr, but i focused more on wildlife.
Jake

Canon EOS 400D + EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF 50mm f/1.8
My Photos - My webpage (danish)
Noceo

Postby Plumb_Lunatic » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Hiya, and thanks! Yeh, I was there with a development charity putting together an image library of their work, and the regions they operate in. I've some wildlife material, but it wasn't really a priority for me.

Where did you go?
Plumb_Lunatic

Postby Noceo » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:12 pm

We took a trip around the souther half of Uganda. Starting by a drive from Entebbe all the way to Kibale where we spent a few days. Then on to Queen Elizabeth NP, then Bwindi. Then heading east where we stayed a few days at a farm near the Tanzanian border. Then back near the place we started, this time in Jinja where we were rafting (and also around this time we visited that childrens home). And in the end a few days at Ssesse islands in Lake Victoria.
It was the best trip ever!
Jake

Canon EOS 400D + EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF 50mm f/1.8
My Photos - My webpage (danish)
Noceo

Postby naniani » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi Plumb_Lunatic, i think your Uganda photos are absolutely wonderful. You have captured some brilliant photos of the place and mainly of the people themselves. So many different faces and expressions, very very good. My favourites are the little girl with the schoolbook looking up you with her big brown eyes, brilliant. I also love the girl with the hiding inside her coat from the rain. Well done to you i have really enjoyed looking at your photos. sue :)
canon 400D
18-55 lens
tamron70-300 lens
sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/
naniani

Postby Razvan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:36 pm

You got some amazing shots there. Congrats! Really powerful...
Razvan

Postby Plumb_Lunatic » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks, both! naniani, I've replied to your comments on Flickr, ta!
Plumb_Lunatic

Postby Bjorn van Sinttruije » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:31 pm

Those are great. I'd love to go to Africa some day, but don't have the budget just yet (17 is a little young for travelling to Africa by myself).

I've added you as a contact on Flickr.

- Bjorn -
Street and documentary photographer | Google+ | Twitter

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux
Bjorn van Sinttruije

Return to Travel photography