Can I take picture of Holy City of Mecca ?

Share your travel photography tips

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Can I take picture of Holy City of Mecca ?

Postby Adi Zulhusni MarkII » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:46 am

Hi there! maybe in the future I would wish travel to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah in Holy City of Mecca & Medina. Some of my friend told me that taking photograph of the holy Mosque is illegal is that True ?
Adi Zulhusni MarkII
 

Postby Markh » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:09 pm

I don't know but religions can be very overprotective sometimes. Hopefully not.

Mark
Markh
 

Yes! you can take pics from afar..

Postby lomer18 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Yah Why not But just be ware of those people might mis understood you...
I have a muslim friend he have a pilgremage and carry a point and shoot cam but i dont know how he got pic.

BUT!!! cameras are not allowed inside the praying spot for what they said...
lomer18
 

Postby Joey » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:53 am

Yes you could take photos at the haj...however taking pics at the kaabah wouldn't be such a good idea
Joey
 

Postby Adi Zulhusni MarkII » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:46 pm

Joey wrote:Yes you could take photos at the haj...however taking pics at the kaabah wouldn't be such a good idea


Obviously The security will snatch the camera away & never return it. :shock:

But I'm really surprise some photographer over there got the picture of it
Have a look

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/1 ... ladha.html
Adi Zulhusni MarkII
 

Postby Markh » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Lolita Love Photography wrote:
Joey wrote:Yes you could take photos at the haj...however taking pics at the kaabah wouldn't be such a good idea


Obviously The security will snatch the camera away & never return it. :shock:

But I'm really surprise some photographer over there got the picture of it
Have a look

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/1 ... ladha.html


Those are all from professional photographers so I guess they're allowed in.

Mark
Markh
 

Postby Adi Zulhusni MarkII » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:54 pm

Markh wrote:
Lolita Love Photography wrote:
Joey wrote:Yes you could take photos at the haj...however taking pics at the kaabah wouldn't be such a good idea


Obviously The security will snatch the camera away & never return it. :shock:

But I'm really surprise some photographer over there got the picture of it
Have a look

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/1 ... ladha.html


Those are all from professional photographers so I guess they're allowed in.

Mark


I wish become one of them but True they are really professional photographer perhaps they have special License for them in that particular area only :(
Adi Zulhusni MarkII
 

Postby Markh » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:58 pm

You can see the wire agencies they work for below the images eg. Getty, AP, Reuters etc... They have press passes with them which allows them in.

Mark
Markh
 

Postby Adi Zulhusni MarkII » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:06 pm

Markh wrote:You can see the wire agencies they work for below the images eg. Getty, AP, Reuters etc... They have press passes with them which allows them in.

Mark


Yep I noticed it already they are from international photojournalism agencies
like the AP, Reuters, Getty etc....
Adi Zulhusni MarkII
 

Postby mini » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:49 pm

Lolita Love Photography wrote:http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/12/the_hajj_and_eid_aladha.html


Wow, some really amazing photography here.
mini
 

Postby neil330 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:53 pm

Don't know if this helps, maybe too late, but I saw a picture of Muslims walking around the "large square block" in one of my school books, so I should presume this should be ok!
neil330
 

Postby Adi Zulhusni MarkII » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:00 am

neil330 wrote:I saw a picture of Muslims walking around the "large square block" in one of my school books,


Thats what muslim call Ka'bah. All the muslim prayer around the world face on Ka'bah :wink:
Adi Zulhusni MarkII
 


Return to Travel photography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest