Changing from A-mount to E-mount ot m43 ? --need your opinio

DSLRs, compacts, lenses and flashes. Discuss all things Sony here!

Moderators: Bob Andersson, Thomas, Bjorn van Sinttruije

Changing from A-mount to E-mount ot m43 ? --need your opinio

Postby cybm » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:25 am

Hello all,

I'am a Sony alpha slt-a55 user. When the a55 came into the market, it was new with a nice translucent technology. It was OK for me, with its small size and weight with its features as well. I bought 2 lenses --> Zeiss SAL1680 ZA and a Sony 50mm/f1.4 (both have good IQ for me on this price level). Nowdays I was thinking of buying a tokina 11-16 wide angle lens, but I was also thinking about the future of a-mount....

For me its time to change the a55 body, as the ghost effect on my night pictures can be annoying sometimes and also focus peaking with a better viewfinder would be nice. The issue (for me) is that I can not see any alternative body within the a-mount system. A77 etc. are to big (even the A65 which is not a big step from a55), the a5x series... .well... I can not see any advantage. What would be "perfect for me" is the A6000 which is an e-mount body. In this case I should by an adapter, which is not the perfect solution: I wont have image stabilization anymore (it was built in my a55), I read there is focusing issues sometimes, and well... I loose also light as the adapter has also translucent mirror built into it.

After these thoughts I think I have two options: 1 - sell everything and buy A6000 with e-mount lens (like Zeiss SEL1670Z), and it seems Sony is pushing e-mount things in the future. They are not so heavy and big in sizes, so can be comfortable for me during travelling. 2 - selling everything and buy Olympus m43, and I can sure in the future I wont have to change from one mount to another mount, there are a plenty of m43 good lenses...

What do you thing guys, what would be the smartest step? Anyway I see that I have to change from a-mount (its not realistic that Sony will come up with a mirrorless (like A7) body for a-mount).

Thanks your advices in advence :)
cybm

Re: Changing from A-mount to E-mount ot m43 ? --need your op

Postby Antony » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:08 pm

I moved from A-mount to E-mount when the NEX-7 became available. I did not sell the A-mount lens I have. I use those lenses with adaptor. Not perfect, but butter than nothing.

Currently, E-mount lenses are still not that many to choose from.

Moving from Sony to Olympus? I would suggest you to give the said Olympus camera a good try first.
AntBlog701 | SillyDog701
Apple: Mac Pro (12-core 2.66GHz), MacBook Pro Retina (15-in), MacBook Air (11-in, 1.8GHz i7), iMac (21.5-in, Core i5), Mac mini Server (2.66GHz), iMac (24-in, C2D), PowerBook G4 (12-in, 1.33GHz), iMac G4 (1.25GHz)x2, PowerMac G4 (dual 1.44GHz).
iPhone: 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5, 4S, 4, 3G
iPad: Air 2, Air, Mini 3, 4, 3, 2, original (all models are 3G/LTE)
iPod touch: 5th gen x2, 4th gen x2, 1st gen,
4 x AirPort Extreme, 2 x Time Capsule...
Antony

Return to Sony