Sony have released firmware v1.01 for the NEX-7. The UK link is here
I took some flack in this thread
for my views about the IQ that the NEX-7 was achieving so I am doubly pleased to see that one of the fixes the firmware upgrade introduces is an "Improvement of image quality when using a wide angle lens", not only because any improvement in IQ with any camera is always welcome but, on a selfish note, because Sony have tacitly accepted that there was an issue so I feel vindicated in having flagged the problem despite making myself unpopular with some! The full list of features introduced by v1.01 reads:
- Addition of capability to enable or disable the MOVIE button
- Addition of exposure settings of bracket shooting (three frames /1.0EV,2.0EV, 3.0EV)
- Improvement of response for showing auto review image.
- Improvement of image quality when using a wide angle lens
- Improvement of indication when setting â€œFlexible Spotâ€.
Well worth installing, IMHO.